Synology announces beta release of DiskStation Manager (DSM) 6.2 and several packages, inviting the Synology community to experience the latest software and participate in the development process.
Synology creates network attached storage, IP surveillance solutions, and network equipment that transform the way users manage data, conduct surveillance, and manage network in the cloud era. By taking full advantage of the latest technologies, Synology aims to help users centralize data storage and backup, share files on-the-go, implement professional surveillance solutions, and manage network in reliable and affordable ways. Synology is committed to delivering products with forward-thinking features and the best in class customer services.
Key new features in DSM 6.2
- Storage Manager: a new storage component, Storage Pool, is introduced to provide a highly consistent and smooth storage management experience; a new dashboard-like overview comes with rich and useful information. With smart data scrubbing, you are given an easier way to prevent bit rot without sweat.
- iSCSI Manager: a revamped, dedicated management tool for iSCSI service, providing a new LUN type with the refined snapshot technology based on Btrfs file system that enables snapshots to be taken within seconds regardless of LUN size.
- Synology High Availability: New mechanisms allow SHA to be set up and run within 10 minutes, providing a refined user experience. With its built-in and improved monitoring tools, IT Admins can easily monitor the active and passive server and perform maintenance.
- Security Advisor: Security Advisor uses intelligent techniques to dissect the abnormal login and analyze the attacker’s location. DSM will send notifications when having detected any unusual login activities. With a simple click, IT Admins can review a daily or monthly report on DSM system security scan.
- TLS/SSL Profile Level: TLS/SSL Profile Level Chooser provides each network services to have its own TLS/SSL connection profile. It gives users a more flexible way to configure the network security environment.
- Chat and Calendar: Chat welcomes the long-awaited desktop application on Windows, MacOS and Linux, and features including poll, bots, threaded message, and third-party video conference integration. Calendar now allows you to attach files to events to centralize all the relevant information, and comes with week numbering and keyboard shortcuts to view your calendars with ease.
Pricing and Availability:
Synology DSM 6.2 Beta is free to download for users who own a DiskStation, RackStation, and FlashStation.