Acer debuts its newest Chromebook for education customers, the Acer Chromebook 11 C732, at The Bett Show in London. The new Chromebook builds on the rugged design of predecessors with MIL-STD 810G compliance and an IP41 rating for protection against object and water intrusion and will include models with 4G LTE for connectivity and access to data on-the-go.
“Acer has been known for providing incredibly durable Chromebooks that exceed the expectations of our education customers for investment protection and performance. The new Acer Chromebook 11 C732 delivers durability features typically found in much more expensive and specialized products. This enables schools to expand learning to more environments so students get even more out of their Chromebook.”
– James Lin, General Manager, Commercial & Detachable Notebooks, IT Products Business at Acer.
Highlights of Acer Chromebook 11 C732
- IP41-rated and drop tested to 122 cm (48 inches), spill-resistant keyboard up to 330ml; compliant with stringent U.S. Military Standard (MIL-STD 810G)
- Optional 4G LTE provides connectivity on-the-go
- Excellent investment protection for schools; Simple to manage and use
- Two USB 3.1 Type-C ports for fast data transfer, charging, display output
- Long 12-hour battery life delivers day-to-night productivity
- Fan-less design boosts reliability; quiet operation for classrooms, libraries, lab time
- 180-degree hinge allows it to layflat for sharing and projects
- Acer also introduces Acer Chromebox CXI3 with up to 8th Gen Intel® Core™ processors
Price and Availablity
The new Acer Chromebook 11 C732 with a non-touch display will be available with either 16GB, 32GB or 64GB of eMMC storage. The C732T with an IPS touch screen display will be available with either 32GB or 64GB of eMMC storage. Both will offer up to 8GB of RAM.
The Chromebook 11 C732 line will be available to education and commercial customers in North America in March with prices starting at $299.99 (approx Rs.19,000) for touch models and $279.99 (approx Rs.17,800) for non-touch models, and in EMEA in April with prices starting at €329.